Eats + Homemade Croutons

(Recipe at the bottom of post)

I was CRAVING some oats this morning – thanks bloggers! I swear everyone had oats today, so I jumped on the band wagon.

Organic oats + gala apples + cinnamon + maple syrup + dried cranberries + PB. For some reason the apples tasted funny in the mix. I was dissapointed =(

Lunch was leftover pizza

And PEAS! I love peas! Yes, straight from the can. =)

Dessert – currant’s are so delicate!

I also made some homemade croutons from a half of a French baguette – they turned out beautifully! I will post the recipe below.

J and I made yet another trip to the fabric store. I swear it’s like being in a candy store for me. They were having a HUGE sale on children’s flannel so I have some fun projects coming up!

I stopped by Starbucks and picked up a soy chai latte, then came home and had an apple with cinnamon.

I was looking forward some gym time tonight so I quickly at a half of a sprouted bagel with some almond butter on it – this was a great pre-workout snack!

I did 4.5 miles in 46 minutes including a 4 minute warm up, and I did some interval work on the stairs at level 15! I cannot believe how strong my legs are! Level 15 is INTENSE and pretty dang hard. Way to go legs!

I was watching The Biggest Loser at the gym, too. I would LOVE to train with the Olympians!

I made sure I got home before the very end. I quickly emptied out my veggie drawer and started chopping.

I was craving a huge salad so a HUGE salad I got!

Believe me, it tasted much better than the picture!

Romaine + basil + carrots + avocado + artichoke hearts + great northern beans + peas + red onion + Amy’s Goddess Dressing + black pepper. I noticed that I had a pretty carby day today so this was a great balance to end the day.

Any one surprised the Mellissa went home? I cannot understand how she has managed to have 3 BAD weeks! First it was +1, then it was –1, then tonight it was another +1. How? Although I must admit she looks great in her comparison picture that they showed at the end; but I still do not understand!

———————————————————————————————–

Homemade Croutons

• stale French bread
  • olive oil
  • garlic powder, Italian seasoning or any spice of your choice

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut the bread into bite size cubes. It’s easiest to take all of the bread pieces and put in a large bowl, drizzle oil to coat and toss with your hands. Put the croutons on a cookie sheet, sprinkle your seasoning(s) of choice on them and back for 10 minutes.

They should be hard and golden brown – cool and enjoy!

DSC04184       DSC04187

This entry was posted in breakfast, dinner, lunch, recipe, workout. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Eats + Homemade Croutons

1. Lyndsay says:

I can't wait to try the homemade croutons! 🙂

2. Courtney says:

Now I am craving croutons! Those look SO good Tash!

3. Adrien says:

Nice to find someone in the pacific north west! I'm just two hours north of you- Victoria, BC! Love your blog- looking forward to seeing more!

4. hey! i just found your blog from janetha's and I love it!! i can't wait to read more 🙂 have you tried janetha's yoats creation?? it's hot oats mixed with greek yogurt and i love mixing it with peanut butter.. sooo good!!

5. ashley says:

i wish i had seen this earlier. i could have thrown some cinnamon on my apple! 🙂

6. Cascia says:

That looks delicious! My diet is very similar to yours. I love cranberries in oatmeal. I always use steel cut oats.

7. I like your pairing of the soy chai & apple w/ cinnamon — that is my kind of flavor combo : )Croutons are beautiful, btw.- Hillary [don't miss my giveaway!]

8. Madeline - Greens and Jeans says:

I LOVE homemade croutons! My mom makes the best croutons ever and she used to send me bags of those in college in lieu of cookies!

9. Nicole, RD says:

I hate boxed croutons, but those look FABULOUS! And easy! Thanks for the recipe!!

10. Pink Panda says:

I've got to make some homemade croutons. I didn't know it was just french bread lol!

11. Alli says:

I love, love, LOVE reading your blog! 🙂 But would you please Alert with Bold, or possibly a color, when you share about Biggest Loser? I have to watch it on the internet because my husband and I do not have TV, so I am one week behind- and thus did not know Melissa got voted off 😦 If you could provide a spoiler alert warning, that would be great 🙂 Thanks- Alli

12. Your photos in this post are AWESOME! 🙂 I never think to make homemade croutons, great idea though! Is that Amy's Goddess dressing worth buying? It always makes my mouth water! haha Have a great day!Jess

13. homemade croutons are a huge favorite at our house…plus, it's nice to know that they're baked and not doused in oil or fried!

14. Ameena says:

Homemade croutons…what a great idea. The store bought ones are so full of junk! This is a much better idea.