The first year

IT”S FRIDAY! Well… not for me but I can still act excited for everyone else! 😉 I kind of miss being excited for Friday’s… but J has been great about sleeping until 8 this week – more sleep for me is great! Although I seem to stay up later. I try to get up before he does but our black-out blinds in our bedroom make that pretty much impossible.

What are your plans this weekend?

This was morning was busy – we had some workers come in the house from 10-12, and J and I couldn’t be in the house. Plans? Why, yes of course! The book store!

I scarfed down breakfast first.

Then we were off! I could be at the bookstore for hours – I love the smell, the look and feel of books! I saw so many books, mainly cook books =), that I would love to buy. But this one intrigued me:

Mostly vegan, all vegetarian, this book focuses on eating whole foods – right up my alley! Heidi has a website worth checking out: 101Cookbooks. It is just as good and well written as her cook book. If you are looking for a new cookbook and resource featuring wholesome and natural food, this is a must buy!

After J and returned back home I made myself a very yummy lunch!

Remember the spelt burgers I made a few weeks back? I froze the entire batch, individually wrapping them in plastic wrap. I wasn’t;t sure how they were going to hold up but they tasted just like the day I made them! I microwaved them for 30 seconds on each side and viola!

I spread a wedge of laughing cow light cheese, some Chalula hot sauce, avocado slices and sprouts.

I paired it with some steamed Brussels sprouts, green beans and Terra chips.

AND of course J was being his silly self!

DSC03885 DSC03886 DSC03887 DSC03888

He will always be my little baby boy! =)

He is 15 months today! WOW! I am feeling a little nostalgic tonight and since most of you weren’t able to see his baby pictures, I thought I would share =) ENJOY!

Fresh from the oven!

jordan10

11 months

header1

1 year!

023

This is a video of him being oh so adorable right around 3 months

Dinner tonight was a repeat of yesterday’s lunch.

DSC03899 DSC03901

I am off to eat a cup cake, embroider and relax! Marc has been so busy

the past week – he the head director of a huge high school wrestling tournament tomorrow. He is putting in a full night setting up then a full day of hosting – aka running around like a mad man!

Good night!

This entry was posted in book, breakfast, dinner, jordan, lunch. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to The first year

1. N.D. says:

I love looking at the progression! My little guy turns 1 in 2 weeks – I'm so sad!!

2. He is so adorable, I can't wait to have little ones. That sounds like a great cookbook, I need to learn some new recipes.

3. Mama Jan says:

I love that your breakfast included chocolate chips… I love it esp. because I do that too sometimes. :)J is so precious. Loved seeing all those pics (i LOVE LOVE the 1 month pic). He's got such big, bright blue eyes like my own two boys.

4. Katie ♥ says:

Your son is so adorable!!!!!!! Loved that you shared all those pics!!!! He is a little stud!!!The cookbook looks great!!!Have a great night!!!

5. I have not gone to the bookstore in months because I used to come with way to many books. I LOVE cookbooks and wish I could buy one a week. I tend to go on amazon and look for discounted ones.

6. Your little one is amazing. I love him. That book is really beautiful, by the way. Good pick. I know what you mean about having no real reason to celebrate Friday, but doing it anyway. I usually work on the weekends, but I love Fridays too. 😀

7. Chelsea (Chelsea's Chew and Run Fun) says:

Your son is SO adorable. Those eyes! I actually made an outloud "Awww" sound when I saw the 8-month-old photo. Your lunch looks heavenly. Way to use those spelt burgers!Have a great weekend!

8. Awww! J is such a cutie, loved all those pictures :DI love 101 Cookbooks so I'm sure I would love her book as well!

9. Debbi Smith says:

You'll be so glad that you blogged about J, you'll be able to look back at it and it will just warm your heart with the memories! That is the number one advice I can give to parents, to write things down because you do forget! I am still planning to make those veggie burgers soon. They sound so delicious!

10. Ashly says:

Thanks for posting all the cute pictures of J! He is getting so big!

11. Alyson says:

He is the absolute cutest! Every time I'm at the book store I have to pull myself away from the cookbook section. My parents literally have a room full, it's fantastic!

12. I kind of want blackout blinds, but I kind of like not sleeping til noon. Such a conundrum.Great pictures of J – some babies look like newborns for a few months before they really start to look like themselves but he's been adorable all along.Love that you had brussels with lunch 🙂

13. Mandiee says:

aww J is so cute! happiness really does come in little packages (or growing ones in this case haha)!also, the way you prepared your spelt burgers looks fabulous. you make burgers look very gourmet :)have a lovely day!

14. I love cookbooks! It's a serious obsession! Might have to check that one out now, too!Your son is ADORABLE!

15. Your kid is soooooo cute!!! I just want to kiss his little cheeks!That cookbook looks great! I've been looking at cutting a lot of the meat out of my diet, and I want to find a vegetarian athlete cookbook. I'm still searching!

16. Jessica says:

I am so in love with J, it's ridiculous!! Can I be his blog god mother hehehee.. That book looks fantastic!!

17. happyshoes says:

Ahh!! I have been lusting after that cookbook. I love her site. I can't wait to hear how you like the book!