Corn heaven

I am so glad everyone loves my chili recipe! I love it, too! =)

Ahem, this is the main reason why I love chili:

I love me some cornbread – I have to have it with melted butter and honey! I have a serious weakness for cornbread! I swear it’s just like cake!

These wonderful cornbread muffins were from last nights dinner. I was so tempted to grab a third but decided I wanted some peppermint ice cream instead =)

Breakfast today was a blended smoothie for a change.

I blended some almond milk, frozen berries and peaches, spinach, 3 clementines, a banana and some flax meal. It was VERY sweet! BUT good! I am so used to the earthiness of the beets in my juice drinks.

Lunch was chili – what else!?

And a small side salad with carrots, celery, basil and Goddess Dressing.

AND corn bread, of course!

It was a very tasty and filling spread!

I have also been craving some craft time. Yesterday I ironed some towels and set an embroidery pattern on them. I am making my Grandma a set of 7 towels – one for each day of the week.

DSC03873 DSC03874

Cute huh! I love to embroider. I love learning new stitch techniques and improving my stitch quality. I can make one of these in a day – 2 if J lets me =)

Today he is going through some teething and has not been feeling well. =(

Hope everyone has a great Thursday!

This entry was posted in breakfast, embroidery, lunch, sewing. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Corn heaven

1. That corn bread looks so good! Yum!

2. Diana says:

I do cornbread with honey and butter, too! And yes, make chili sometimes b/c I want cornbread! Nommm! 🙂

3. Christine says:

Mmmmm, that smoothie sounds amazing.

4. Courtney says:

MMMMM cornbread! I love the crispy edges! My favorite.

Cornbread and honey is one of my true weaknesses.

6. mmmmm…cornbread.Do you have your cornbread recipe? I would love to make it along with your delish chili recipe too!

7. Alyson says:

I totally share your love for cornbread! Not something I make too often, because I'm likely to eat the whole thing, but I also enjoy those special occasions.. and the single serving sizes at Whole Foods :p

8. cornbread is pretty much the reason to eat chili…OK, maybe that's not true. but still, so amazing! 🙂

9. Yum Yucky says:

You're killin' me with that cornbread! I may turn into a cornbread wild woman now. All your fault.

10. cornbread is amazing!! YUM!! Your morning smoothie also looks great.. do you use a blender, juicer or what??

11. chrystad72 says:

great looking eats! That corn bread looks amazing. Id love to get the recipe for that. I think its cool that you are making some towels. I wish I could sew. Its one of those things Id like to learn eventually. It seems really calming. I can knit a little though. Which is fun! Have a great day!

12. Rebecca says:

What is your corn bread recipe?

13. Samantha says:

OMG I am the same way about cornbread! I LOVE IT! Next time you make chili, put a layer of it in a baking dish then a small layer of cheese and then pour raw cornbread mix over the top and bake per the instructions on the cornbread. It doesn't really have a name, I call it Chili bake, it is SO SO good and a hit at potlucks! Actually, I might have to make it this weekend for the Icefest party in Leavenworth! Hope you are having a great day!