Wishy Washy

You ALL had me cracking up about your reaction to my poor toe! And sorry to those that grossed you out! lol

How was your Monday? I kept forgetting that it was MLK day so I hope that those that were bale to have a 3 day weekend had a fantastic one!

This morning after reading several blogs ! decided on the perfect breakfast:

A perfectly fluffy pancake with flax meal. I topped it with almond butter, greek yogurt, strawberries, pecans and pure maple syrup.

Lunch was left over Thai. Someone asked if I had made it. No, I actually have never made homemade Thai before. I do have a can of coconut milk in the pantry waiting to be cooked up, though. Someday =)

It was BEAUTIFUL here in Seattle today! Bright and warm – I took advantage. J and I went to the post office and walked around for a bit. We grabbed some Starbucks, window shopped and spent a good 30 minutes in Pier One. I love that store!

I had a Clif Z bar for a snack and headed to the gym after J went down. A nice 3 mile run, 20 minutes on the elliptical and some great core and upper body work. I ran 6 miles last night and surprisingly my legs were feeling great! The last thing I want to happen is to injure my knees so that’s why I stopped at 3 miles. No need to push it back to back nights.

Dinner was wonderful, of course! Steamed sweet potatoes covered with chili and a side of broccoli. Of course there was some Sriracha πŸ˜‰ – I love it spicy!

Bye Bye peppermint ice cream! This was the last serving – I’m sad that I have to wait a full year for more, but that is what I love about this ice cream. It really is a treat for me!

I still am debating on the college idea. Yes, I am going back to school but I keep changing my mind on what I want I want to major in. I DO know that it is in the medical field. But in what is the question.

I was looking into medical assistant, nurses assistant, or a registered nurse. I have never really had a big interest in this field. The true calling is not there.

Then I was thinking about dental assistant. Here’s the thing: I cannot see myself doing this for the rest of my life. I have a feeling I would become bored of the same atmosphere, the same procedures over and over.

The someone mentioned to me Radiologic Technologist. I thought, I researched and I liked! But ask me tomorrow and I might tell you something different. πŸ˜‰

Oh well – I have a full year, or more, of pre-reqs to do before starting any course to field of my dreams.

For those that graduated college with a degree, how many times did you change your mind?

This entry was posted in breakfast, college, dessert, dinner, lunch, workout. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Wishy Washy

1. N.D. says:

Just reading through your posts and catching up – I changed 4 times – went in as elementary ed, switched to psychology, then general ed, then secondary ed and came out a high school teacher and I love it!

2. I changed my major once, from Nutritional Sciences to Public Health. Best decision I ever made.. I enjoy the social aspects of health so much more than lab work!

3. Christine says:

I changed my major 4 times in college, things became more clear as I took more classes and discovered what I'd really enjoy. Man, now I'm hungry after looking at all these amazing pics!

4. Kate says:

I changed my mind twice, from BA in English with the intention of teaching, to a major in ASL, back to English major/non-teaching with a minor in Communications. Great decision for me!

I was the only one of all of my friends to graduate in the program they started off in! My best friend changed her major 7 (YES SEVEN!) times!

6. oc2seattle says:

I can't beleive how nice it was here yesterday – sunny in Seattle in Jan? No way! Re college, I didn't change but my lil sis is a Freshman right now and she's already changed and she's only in her 2nd quarter. I think switching it up is pretty common.

7. Sara says:

I only ever had one major but thankfully I chose something broad (Psychology) because I didn't know what I wanted to DO with a degree until I worked for a while. And now I still change my mind here and there. πŸ˜›

8. Once you start taking courses it will probably steer you in a particular direction. I know it's happened to me already!! πŸ™‚ Good luck!! πŸ™‚

9. Your pancakes look fabulous πŸ™‚ I went into college knowing I wanted to major in business but not sure what division. I thought I would go to law school after college, not get my CPA, but I'm happy this way.

10. I've foudn alot of people go from nursing to Radilogy. I actually went to school for nursing and after 2 years in it, I realized I didn't want to do that. I went and got my license as a Radiology Techinician. However right now, I'm not using it. I still have it but I went back for Businees Admin. Best of luck inwhatever field you do…i loved Radiology.

11. i changed my mind about 15 times, but only changed my degree once. it's so hard at that point if you're not 100% driven to do something to know what you want to major in!keep on truckin' though, i know you're going to do something great πŸ™‚

12. Leah @ L4L says:

I actually never changed my major in school. But I thought about it all the time. It just got to the point where I was too far in to go back. I didn't want to stay there longer. I didn't want to give them more of my money. I just wanted to be done. Now I regret it. I don't even use my degree now. What a waste. I could be doing what I am doing now without a degree and saved myself a butt-ton of money and pain and headache.

13. Meg says:

I changed my major twice. I ended up getting my BA in English and Education. I have the degree and a teaching license and have never stepped foot inside a classroom. It was about senior year when I realized I didn't want to teach and I figured "I've come this far…might as well finish this degree." I am now working on a Master of Public Health degree. It's fascinating and I love it! Good luck…you'll find something great!

14. I changed my major 4 times I think and changed schools once. Rhode Island to Pittsburgh…

15. I had 4 different majors in undergrad: biology (pre med route), math, mechanical engineering, finally environmental science. I'm interested in so many things! I would definitely do research about your major before you end up taking 2 years of it, and decide it isn't for you! Good luck!