Look who lost his first tooth!
My baby boy is not a baby anymore!
I picked him up from school today and the teachers had put it in a baggie so it would not get lost. He was sooooo excited when he saw me! And I was too!
After I picked him him from school, I went and picked up a couple of pints of Ben and Jerry’s ice cream. I was reading Carrots n Cake today and I had been craving it ever since! I figured What the heck! I might as well celebrate with him. 😉
I haven’t had ice cream in a looooong time! And it was sooooo good! Vanilla ice cream, caramel and chocolate covered waffle cone pieces. Yup, a winner!
Tonight he was really excited to put his little tooth under his pillow for the tooth fairy. I can’t believe he is old enough for the tooth fairy!
What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
If you have been following me on my social media channels, you have noticed I gave up coffee this past weekend. I am proud to say that I have been coffee free for 5 days now!
I had been sick the week prior with a flu bug and ever since then I couldn’t really stand the taste of coffee. Thursday night I ended up going to the ER due to really sharp pains in my left side and little did I know I had a horrible UTI. It was traveling up into my kidney which explains the pain. I was told to drink at least 2 liters of water per day to help flush out the infection.
I knew this was a sign from my body to STOP drinking coffee.
And while the two illnesses were not connected to my coffee consumption, I was drinking a lot of it. 3 cups in the morning, often times a cup in the afternoon and sometimes a cup in the early evening. I would call it addiction. And I was having very bad headaches and felt very sluggish and acidic.
So I woke up Saturday morning with the intention I was going to severely cut coffee out of my life. And it has been fantastic ever since!
Here is a daily recap:
- Day 1 (Saturday) – Headache in the morning. Drank several cups of water and did end up making myself a cup of coffee in the afternoon but only drank a few sips.
- Day 2 (Sunday) – Woke up and drank a liter of water right away. No coffee and no tea and surprisingly no headache! I probably drank close to a gallon of water.
- Day 3 (Monday) – I was a little cornered that I was going to feel crappy at the office so I brought a few bags of green tea. It was really nice drinking green tea in the morning! I also drank an entire gallon of water. No headache and felt amazing!
- Day 4 (Tuesday) – Green tea in the morning and a gallon of water throughout the day. Still felt really amazing!
- Day 5 (Wednesday) – Today was the best day yet! I only drank 1 cup of green tea this morning and a gallon of water and my energy levels were incredibly high! I am so please that I am feeling this amazing! I wish I would have cut coffee a long time ago!
I prep my water at night. I have two bottles that are 1.5 gallons each and I fill my mason jar with 4 cups of water. I like to drink my water room temperature so having it out during the day helps my water intake! I simply fill my mason jar up as I drink it.
Green tea is my BFF right now! But I suggest buying organic!
Most importantly – Make sure you really want to cut coffee! You cant expect to follow through with something if you are not fully committed.
I would love to answer any questions that you may have about kicking the habit! Simply leave a comment below!
You may also like: