Banana bread is comforting with its warm cinnamon and nutmeg flavors. Now you can enjoy them all wrapped up into individual muffins. Serve warm with Earth Balance spread.
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil OR 1/4 vegan butter like Earth Balance
- 1/2 cup organic raw sugar
- 1/2 cup organic brown sugar
- 1 cup unbleached organic white flour and 1 cup organic whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- walnuts or pecans (optional)
Preheat oven to 360 degrees
Cream sugar/oil with sugar. In a separate bowl mash bananas with a potato masher or fork. Add bananas to butter and sugar and mix well.
Now add the dry ingredients to the wet, making sure to scrape the sides and mix well. Stir in nuts at the end if you plan to use them.
Spray cooking spray in a muffin tin and add dollops of batter into each slot – 3/4 of the way full.
Bake for 25 minutes.
Makes 12 muffins.
One thought on “Vegan Banana Bread Muffins”