Garlic. It’s amazing. And when paired with fresh collard greens and mini bella mushrooms, they intertwine with each other to create a fragrant aroma and beautiful taste. Oh yes – this dish is simply mouth watering and highly addicting. Lately my fridge has been filled with mushrooms, greens and apple juice. Apple juice, of course, for Jordan. It’s his vice.
Servings: 1 main dish –2 side dish
- 4 large collard green leaves, chopped into bite size pieces
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 4-5 mini portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and cracked pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Add oil to a sauté pan and heat on medium heat. Add garlic and mushrooms and let cook for 5 minutes, making sure the garlic does not burn. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Add collard greens, crushed pepper and a splash of water. Turn down the heat to medium low and cover. Cook for 8 minutes, or until the greens are soft.
And speaking of Jordan…
I cannot believe he is over the halfway mark to 3 years old. xxoo always, Little Bubbah