- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (1 1/4 cups if using flax meal)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons flax meal (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon oil, vegetable
- 1 teaspoon organic raw sugar (optional)
Mix the dry ingredients together, sifting if possible. Add milk, oil and whisk to make batter. Thicken by adding a little more flour, or thin by adding more liquid.
Heat pan on medium heat. Pour desired amount of batter in pan. Once you see bubbles that are starting to pop, flip gently. Cook another minute or so. I found that mine were pretty thick and they needed to cook a tad longer.
Top with syrup, fruit and nuts and enjoy!