Why is this soup magical? Because it heals the soul, calms the mind and fills your belly! I randomly placed vegetables in a pot, turned on the heat and let it simmer. Feel free to add what ever veggie you have in your fridge – make it different each and every time.
- 6 cups organic, low sodium vegetable broth, or water
- 1 small / medium yellow onion, chopped
- 4 large carrots, sliced into chunks
- 4 stalks of celery, cut in half then chopped
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- half of a head of kale, washed and torn into pieces
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons EVOO
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley + 1/4 cup of fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh or dried dill
- 1/3 cup dried couscous (optional)
In a large soup pot add olive oil, onion carrots and a pinch of salt. Cook until the onion is soft. Add garlic and cook for another 30 seconds to 1 minute. Don’t let the garlic burn! Add your liquid and the rest of the vegetables and herbs. Let come to a boil then reduce to medium low, cover and let simmer for a good 30 – 45 minutes.
Taste to check salt, adding a pinch at a time. If you are planning on adding couscous add it now. Let cook for an additional 10 minutes, or until couscous is tender and cooked.