I know what some of you might think… to eat clean you have to spend hours in the kitchen!
Totally not true!
Tonight I created a super simple yet clean, healthy and FAST dinner!
Let’s get cooking, shall we?!
Simple Vegan Chili
- 2 cans of organic beans – I used a can of white beans and a can of garbanzo
- 1 six inch zucchini, cubed
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 10 large cherry tomatoes, halved and quartered (improvise here! I had larger cherry tomatoes and just guessed – I would say it was about a cup or more fresh tomatoes)
- handful of sundried tomatoes
- handful of chopped cilantro
- 1 cup of water
- a tablespoon of olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- chili seasoning – I used a half a packet of Trader Joes taco seasoning (no MSG) but you can use a combo of cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, etc.
Heat a soup pot on medium heat. Add olive oil. Once hot, add onion, zucchini, salt and pepper. Stir and let cook for about 5 minutes. Add everything at this point – tomatoes, beans, water, seasonings and cilantro. Bring to a boil, cover and let simmer for 15-20 minutes or so.
I boiled some fresh gluten free noodles and placed a few scoops of chili on them.
Dinner is served! Simple, healthy and oh so good!
The Clean Eating Mama