Don’t worry: you wont have to worry about remember the name of these cookies. Your mouth will be too full to even talk! Loaded with chocolate chips, these babies will satisfy ANY chocolate lover out there! Who said vegan had to be boring? 😉
- 1 tablespoon ground flax or flax meal
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup dairy free, nonhydrogenated butter, such as Earth Balance
- 1 cup granulated sugar, I used organic, raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon aluminum-free baking soda
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup nondairy semisweet chocolate chips or chunks – these are easier to find than you think. I used Ghiradelli Semi-Sweet chips.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix flax seed and water in a bowl with a whisk. Whisk vigorously for 30 seconds to a minute. Set aside and let set up; it will become thick and creamy. (This replaces the egg found in regular cookies)
In a large bowl, mix butter and sugar until creamy. Add flax mixture and vanilla and mix well.
In a separate bowl, blend flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add this mixture to the wet mixture, and mix until everything is well blended. If mixture becomes too dry you can always add a small amount of non-dairy milk or water.
Stir in chocolate. Form into 1 inch balls, flattening slightly as you put them onto an un-greased baking sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes, checking at 12 minutes to see if more time is needed. The tops will no longer be gooey.
Makes 24 cookies.
8 thoughts on “Vegan Fudgy Chocolate Chip Cookies”
These look amazing. I must try them!
These looks YUMMY! I need to try them. Thanks! 🙂
These look amazing!!! This is my second day eating Vegan and I'm looking for some yummy treats. Thanks!Julia
ummmmmmmmm yes please!! 🙂 Hey how do you get the 3 colums on your blog!??!?!
Wow! These look amazing!!
These look fantastic! I might even try making them with gluten-free flour so H can enjoy some, too.
wow these look delicious!
Definitely want to give these a try…but with real butter =]