Happy Sunday! I am getting a lot of great recipe and product requests for Maninis Gluten Free Pasta. I know some of you have been having some trouble finding their fresh pasta but they are adding their product to new stores each and everyday! And remember: if you want to see Maninis in a store near you just let the store know! Your voice is more powerful than you realize! If the demand is there they will stock it!
Want to know if Maninis is in a store near you? You can view the ENTIRE list here!
We had company over Saturday night and made a light seafood fettuccini with almond milk, parmesan, sea scallops, shrimp and lobster tails. It was amazing! Today, I wanted to recreate a similar dish without the seafood. I decided to add fresh spinach, garlic, sun dried tomatoes and a tri-color blend of bell peppers. I also added crumbled blue cheese for creaminess and a nice punch of tanginess.
- 1/2 half yellow onion, chopped
- 6 fresh garlic cloves, diced
- 2 cups assorted bell peppers – I used red, yellow and orange – julienned into small strips
- 1 cup packed sun dried tomatoes, soaked in water then drained
- 5 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons of blue cheese crumbles or gorgonzola crumbles
- 2 tablespoons of dried basil
- olive oil
- a tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- one 9 oz package of Maninis Linguini
Start boiling the water for the noodles.
In a large skillet, heat a few tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add chopped onions and garlic and let cook for 2-3 minutes. Add peppers, tomatoes and a pinch of salt and pepper. Let soften for a few more minutes. Add Spinach, lemon juice and pinch more salt. Cover and let the spinach wilt down – about 5 minutes.
Add the noodles to the pasta and cook per the directions.
Once the spinach has wilted, toss until everything is coated. Stir in the cheese until melted.
Drain the noodles and add to the vegetable mixture. Toss together and serve.