- 1/2 cup vegan, non dairy butter
- 3/4 cup raw sugar
- 3/4 cup spelt flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons aluminum free baking powder
- 1/2 cup non dairy milk of your choice
- 1 1/2 cup frozen or fresh berries, i used a mixture of raspberries-blueberries-blackberries
- 1/3 cup raw sugar
- 1/2 cup non dairy milk
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray an 8 X 8 glass baking dish with cooking spray.
Cream together butter and 1/2 cup of sugar. Add vanilla, baking powder, and salt. Then add half of the flour, half of the milk, rest of the flour and then the rest of the milk. Beat until smooth.
Add batter to the dish. Then scoop berries on top of the batter. Sprinkle 1/3 cup of sugar on top of the berries. Slowly pour 1/2 cup milk over the berries.
Bake for 45 – 50 minutes, or until crust is a medium dark golden brown.
Serve with your favorite non-dairy vanilla ice cream and a hot cup of coffee. Perfection.