A special lady

It’s Friday!!! What are your plans for the weekend?

My day started with oats! I haven’t had oatmeal in such a long time!

I made my oats with water then topped them with almond butter, pumpkin butter (Thanks Chelsea!) and walnuts. YUM!

Of course I shared them with J 😉

The I made another favorite that I haven’t made in a long time – quinoa!

YUM! I love quinoa! I eat it plain as I love the nutty flavor…. mmmmmmmm!

And what was for lunch?

Quinoa, silly!

I warmed up my leftover veggies from last night, added a spoonful of pesto (I have been on a pesto kick this week!) and quinoa! What a great bowl of goodness!

J and I decided not to waste the entire day in the house so we took a trip to visit my aunt Jeri AKA Aunti Jayco! I love this woman! When I was younger I couldn’t say Jeri so I called her Jayco – cute, huh!

She’s beautiful, fun, STRONG!, LOVES wine and is such a kick in the pants to be around! It was my first time visiting her new place so I was really excited to see it. ADORABLE! I wish I would have taken some pictures. I love it! We are going to go wine tasting soon – I cannot wait. Hopefully my fun-loving cousin, her daughter, can go with us. Crazy times, I tell you!

I was a little hungry when J and I arrived back home so I made a piece of toast with some almond butter to hold me over until gym time.

I was also busy baking cookies. These are for Amanda who won them in my give away. She is going to LOVE them! And of course I made extra because I love them too. =)

The gym was great – very sweaty! I did 4.5 miles on the treadmill running at a 9 minute mile pace for two miles and a 10 minute pace for the other two, with a cool down of 5 minutes. Then I hit the stairs for 15 minutes. I am up to level 14 and it was was easy! My legs have gotten incredibly strong since I have been running. I was very excited tonight! =) The some stretching and core work.

I blended up an amazing drink when I got home. Frozen berries, a few peach slices, almond milk and an apple.

I also had a handful of pistachios and some of this:

It’s not my favorite but it works in a pinch. 😉

I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!

xoxoxo

PS – I am going to miss him! =( So sad!

This entry was posted in breakfast, dessert, dinner, lunch, workout. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to A special lady

1. Great oat pic, makes me want to get up and make a bowl right now 🙂 I love Quinoa flakes, but I haven't experimented much with the actual grain. I know I'd like it, I think I've just been lazy :p

2. N.D. says:

I was so into oats from around March until October and then I just couldn't do it anymore! I'd have them with almond butter, some agave nectar and cinnamon. Now I have to have cheerios! I love quinoa. I make it for my little guy (11.5 months) with his other grains and beans for bfast!

3. Lena says:

oo pesto and quinoa i never tried that! ive always been a pasta sauce girl…but being that i absolutely lurveee pesto im thinking this has got to be my next go to quinoa dinner! thnx for the ideass

4. Mandiee says:

quinoa and oats are probably my favorite grains so i'm loving this post 🙂 i usually eat my quinoa seasoned but today i tried it plain. you're right, the nutty flavor is AMAZING! and i'm super excited about the cookies. thanks again! you're so sweet and they look delicious! have a lovely day!xox

5. preventionrd says:

Mmmm! Your quinoa looks wonderful! It looks like you had a blast with your friend…makes me miss my friends in Chicago!

6. Ashly says:

This comment has been removed by the author.

7. Ashly says:

Am I the FUN cousin you want to go wine tasting with? If so I would LOVE too! 🙂

8. Christine says:

Great pics, I'm a huge fan of almond butter and just started making myself … think I need an almond tree in my yard 🙂

9. Ameena says:

How cute is your aunt? I love quinoa I need to make it more often!

10. I need to eat more oatmeal – that looks great!Congrats on level 14 – that's pretty impressive!

11. eatmovelove says:

Love almond butter! Yummers. Ahhh – looks like you've gotten off to a good weekend, healthy start…I on the other hand feel like a complete (and gross) failure after consuming what must have been pounds of chocolate last night…without even craving it…I think the morning/day after is always harder – regret/anxiety/anger SUCKS…But seeing your comment on my post – that made me smile a little 😉 – I must add you to my Roll girl. Cheers.

Glad you had such a wonderful time with your aunt! I'm going to miss Conan, I can't wait to see what he has up his sleeve next!

13. Jill says:

Quinoa rocks! That bread looks good too–what kind?