Saturday… is it over yet?

J has been very fussy today. He woke up extremely early – 6:30. Marc has been refereeing all day so I have been holding down the fort. I really cannot wait until J goes to bed. :sigh:

I started off with some sprouted toast, almond butter, jam and an apple. My apple tasted like fridge so I only ate a few pieces.

Kind of looks like a smiley face, doesn’t it!

I was able to go to the gym after J woke up from his morning nap. I did some treadmill work and stairs. I felt awesome! And J did great in their little child watch center! He just loved other kids.

After we arrived back home I roasted some brussels sprouts.

Man, were they good! I LOVED the EXTRA dark pieces! 😉

It’s funny because I really like the taste of really dark toasted things – pancakes, toast, marshmallows and apparently Brussels sprouts! lol

It was really simple, too! I washed, cut, salted and oiled and put them in a 375 degree oven for 30 minutes. I was able to shower and put my makeup on while they were cooking – props for multi tasking!

I kept eating them when I was making J lunch and doing the dishes. My lunch consisted of some couscous, garbonzo beans, edamame, carrots and hummus. Filling!

DSC03452 DSC03453

And J kept me company while I ate =)

But don’t let that smile fool you!

After lunch I cleaned up a bit, did some chores and made a cup of coffee with some mint cocoa in it. YUM!

I wrapped some Christmas presents and fought with J for a nap – he won. Well, no nap means early bedtime… I hope!

tasha

This entry was posted in breakfast, jordan, lunch. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Saturday… is it over yet?

1. mymarblerye says:

i love all things burnt. they do not make for good blog pics but it makes for good eats for myself! i love burnt roasted onion.

2. mymarblerye says:

3. Debbi Smith says:

I agree with Chelsea, he might just want one nap a day. That's what they do when they get to be about 1. Some will still fight it though.

4. Hope J wakes up on the right side of the bed tomorrow morning!I love brussels sprouts!

5. That smile would brighten my day! I love couscous, Still holding onto some from Trader Joes. Good stuff. I had a carrot today, not big on raw carrots, but it was extra good for some reason.

6. Chelsea says:

Could he be transitioning to 1 nap a day? Lu does 12-2. Today she did 12-2:30 =D I want some sprouts now!

7. FoodCents says:

Ohhh, but when you get to see the smile from 1,000 miles away it is easy to be fooled:)

8. Jess says:

Wow, J is adorable! I hope he sleeps for you tonight!