I admit – I am a sucker for raisin oatmeal cookies. The chewy oats, soft raisins and the hint of cinnamon… perfect with tea! When I found this recipe that calls for cranberries instead of raisins, well I was sold!
Note: You MUST add the pecans!
Vegan Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies Recipe
Recipe from egglesscooking.com
Yields: 40 cookies
Can vegan cookies taste as good as regular cookies? Yes! of course! Try these vegan oatmeal cranberry cookies and you are in for a surprise.
- 3/4 cup Vegan Margarine (I used Becel Vegan Spread)
- 1/3 cup Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar (I used dark brown)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Non Dairy Milk (I used almond milk)
- 1 cup Flour ( I used whole wheat flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 3/4 teaspoon Ground All Spice
- 3 cups Quick Cooking Oats
- 1 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1 cup Chopped Pecans (optional, but I would recommend using)
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C for 15 minutes.
- Cream together the margarine and sugars until smooth. Beat in the vanilla and milk.
- Add the flour, baking soda and spice; mix well.
- Stir in the oats, cranberries and pecans.
- Spoon tablespoonful of dough on ungreased cookies sheets (see My Notes) and bake between 12-15 minutes or until done. I baked 20 cookies at a time on a big cookie sheet. If you are using 2 sheets at once, shift cookie sheets halfway through baking.
- Remove the baking sheets from the oven and stand the cookies on the sheet itself for 2-3 minutes before transferring it to the cooling rack and let it cool completely.