This is a healthy dish that is not only filling and satisfying, but it is heart healthy! Quinoa is an amazing grain packed full of protein. Serve this as a side or feature it as a main dish.
- 3 cups cooked Quinoa
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 cup pomegranate arils
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup feta crumbles (optional)
- 3-5 basil leaves depending on size, chopped (add more or less to satisfy your taste)
- half cup frozen peas and carrots each, or fresh – carrots finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 table spoons dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning or 1 tablespoon sage
- drizzle olive oil to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
Prepare and cook the quinoa as the directions state. You will need about a cup of un cooked quinoa and 2 cups water. The ratio is very similar to rice.
Place bay leaf, dried parsley, Italian seasoning and poultry seasoning to the water. If you are using frozen peas and or carrots, place them in the boiling water, too. Cook until all water has been evaporated and quinoa is soft and ready to eat.
Let cool in a large mixing bowl before adding the remaining ingredients.
After it has cooled, add the remaining ingredients. It really doesn’t matter which order they are in – they are all going to be mixed around. Add the pomegranate arils, cranberries, feta, pine nuts, chopped fresh basil leaves, salt and pepper to taste and drizzle in the EVOO for a creamy texture and taste!