Sometimes I crave a savory breakfast. I trade my beloved fruit smoothie or oatmeal in for onions, garlic and spice. While this would be a perfect lunch or dinner, I dare you to try it for breakfast. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.
- 1 whole wheat or brown rice wrap
- 1 tablespoon EVOO
- 1 cup of mushrooms – they shrink quite a bit
- 1/2 cup sweet onions, sliced
- 1 cup washed baby spinach
- 1/2 roasted red pepper, or 1/3 fresh red pepper, sliced into strips
- heaping teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1/4 of an avocado
- 2 tablespoons cashew spread, or hummus
- salt and pepper
Heat oil in a skillet. Add onion, mushrooms and a pinch of salt and let cook for a few minutes. Then add spinach. Toss together and let cook until spinach has wilted and onions have softened.
Heat wrap, then spread Cashew Spread, avocado and later with red pepper. Add hot vegetable mixture to the wrap.
Roll and enjoy!