I wanted to quickly post my meals and snacks today. If you have been following me on my facebook page or instagram account, I have been posting some of my meals there. Ever since I mentioned that I am going to start training for body/bikini competition, I have been getting massive amounts of emails and messages asking me about my food, fitness, etc.
I am so happy that so many of you are curious and wanting to know what I am doing!
I am planning on learning with all of you since I am just beginning! I have been researching my booty off this past weekend, too! I think the most complicated part is nutrition. I haven’t picked a competition date out yet so I am not going to be super strict about my diet but I am definitely cleaning it up! No more bites of chocolate, frozen yogurt runs, etc. I am eating more plant based protein and I will also be eating lean meat. Not all of the time but I will incorporate it a few times a week – turkey, chicken, fish.
Here are some of my rules that I am starting to live by:
- Eat small, frequent meals during the day (5-6)
- Drink water! I am aiming for 3 liters – 1 gallon
- Limit my salt
- Meal prep daily and weekly
- Cardio + weight training is a MUST!
- Start measuring my food – I have never measure my meals so this will be a challenge!
- Schedule my day! Include times for my cardio, weights, meals, family time, work, etc.
- Be very conscious about what I am doing – always have an answer to the WHY!
- Ask for help! Weights intimidate me so I will be asking for help!
- Always strive towards my goal! I am constantly looking at contest pictures, reading stories, researching and visualizing! This is SUPER important for me!
I am giving myself the next 90 days to lean down, tone up, practice good eating habits and to mentally prepare for the next step!
Here is the food that I consumed today:
*When measuring your oats, measure dry. Not cooked. I use 1 packet of organic instant oats with a scoop of Vi Shape protein powder. Heat for a minute or two.*
* My salad was a few cups of chopped romaine lettuce, 1 teaspoon of dried cranberries, 1 teaspoon of feta cheese, chopped red bell pepper, chopped red onion, 1/3 cup garbanzo beans, a sprinkle of cayenne pepper, dried basil and a splash of olive oil. I added a small dab of coconut oil to my sweet potatoes along with cumin and black pepper. *
I didn’t go to the gym today – I will be starting my cardio weight training tomorrow! Eeeee! 🙂
During dinner I sat in on a team call, took notes, drank my water and wrote out my my goals! It is so amazing when you love what you do in your life! Even the stressful times seem not as stressful because your heart is just bursting with passion!
This is a HUGE step for me! I have always wanted to compete and to be in the best shape of my life! I am ready to take the challenge, push myself to my limits and start taking action! Always go into something whole heartedly!
Leave your comments below! I would love to hear if you have competed! OR what has been your biggest physical accomplishment?