Thanks Jess for the fun post idea!
1. What is a food that you never thought you would try, but then tried and liked? Gefilte Fish, and most Jewish foods. I was quickly introduced to Jewish food as my husband and family are Jewish. And oysters and lamb.
2. Do you subscribe to any foodie publications? If so, which ones? Too many… Bon Appetite, Vegetarian Times, Cooking Light, Eating Well.
3. What ingredient do you find yourself reaching for the most when you cook? Salt and pepper. And EVOO.
4. Are there any foods that you hated as a child, but then learned to like as an adult? Pretty much everything. Not that I was a picky eater but I was not introduced to a wide variety of foods.
5. What do you like to eat that others may consider weird? I always get asked questions about vegan food. It’s amazing how many question I get asked about it. People don’t think that I eat anything except for carrots lol
6. What is the weirdest ingredient you’ve ever cooked with? 7. Do you have any major food allergies? None. But now that I haven’t eaten dairy when I do I seem to have a reaction to it.
8. Is there an ingredient that you would like to cook with, but are intimidated to try? Well, not so much an ingredient but a technique. I am fascinated by raw food and all of the different techniques you can do. Like sprouting and dehydrating. But it is quite intimidating to me still.
9. Do you bake? Yes! I love to bake! My dream would be to go to pastry school and open up my own bakery =)
10. If you could go on any “foodie” show to compete, which one would it be, and why? Who will be the next Foodnetwork star!!!!!